Otoplasty – surgical procedure for correcting the external ear
Otoplasty is recommended in cases of deformities and defects of the external ear, consequent to congenital conditions (lop ear, microtia) or trauma . The operation is most often performed on children aged six to fourteen, to prevent a child from being teased at school. Correction is possible both on one or two auricles.
Although otoplasty does not affect hearing, it can provide great psychological benefits to anyone who has been teased about the size or shape of their ears.
- is carried out under local or general anesthesia;
- you can leave the clinic in 2 hours after the surgery;
- lasts no more than 1 hour;
- surgical dressing should be worn for 2 weeks;
- the stitches will be removed within 1 week;
- scars are situated on the back of the ears.
IMPORTANT TO REMEMBER!
Only during the consultation the plastic surgeon will define the most effective method of operation suitable for you to achieve the best result.