Abdominoplasty (tummy tuck)
Hanging-down stomack is a problem wich both men and women equally face. Abdominoplasty can be useful for the patients with stretched skin and muscles from pregnancy, major weight loss, whose hanging skin has lost its elasticity and can not be improved with diets or exercises as well.
Abdominoplasty is designed to give you a smoother, flatter and tighter abdomen by removing the exess abdominal skin or fat and tightening the underlying muscle.
Abdominoplasty may sometimes be combined with lipoplasty to achieve the best result possible. With a balanced diet and regular exercise results are long-lasting.
Abdominoplasty – surgery performed for recontouring the skin, fat and muscle of the tunk. The surgery involves the removal of the exsess skin, 'stretch marks' and fat from the lower abdominal wall.
- recommended to be carried out after achievement of desirable weight;
- performed under general anesthesia;
- you can leave the clinic in 1 or 2 days after the surgery;
- lasts from 2 to 4 hours;
- drains are removed within 3-4 days after the surgery;
- stitches are removed within 2 weeks after the surgery;
- you can return to work within 2-4 weeks after the surgery.
- bandagings are necessary during 2 weeks;
- compression garments or elastic bandages should be worn for 4-6 weeks after the surgery;
- sport activities are allowed not earlier than in 2 month after the surgery.
- diseases of an internal;
- infectious and oncological diseases;
- violation of blood coagulability;
- planned pregnancy;
- age till 18 years.
IMPORTANT TO KNOW!
Abdominoplasty will leave a scar spanning the lowea abdomen from hip to hip. Scars may appear red and prominent at first, but with proper care they heal into a thin, silvery line. The incision is lower enough for even a bikini to conclear the scar.